- Please come to class in proper dance attire. Dress code will be enforced.
- All hair must be pulled back in either a pony tail or bun and should be neatly groomed for class and all performances.
- Hair fads are not permitted.
- Label all shoes, dance bag etc with students name.
- Use the restroom before class.
- No jewelry allowed as it can be harmful to the student.
- No street shoes allowed on the dance floor.
- No gum or food in the studio.
- Water only allowed in dance area; water breaks will be given by the instructor.
- Please inform instructor of any previous dance injuries and take class at your own risk.
- Visible tattoos and body art will not be permitted.
- Dance Works Academy is not responsible for lost or stolen valuables.
- Children leaving with an adult other than a parent must inform the teacher at drop off.
- Siblings of dance students must be with parents at all times.
- Make sure your child is not left unattended in the waiting room for any reason.
- Do not drop your child off more than 10 minutes before the start of class.
- Pick up your child on time. There will be a $1 per minute fee applied to your account if your child is not picked up on time.
- Selected music for class and performance pieces will always be clean and age appropriate.
- Dance education is hands on and is learned by seeing and feeling the correct alignment by the instructors manipulation.
- Dance Works Academy has a zero tolerance bullying policy. Violation of this policy will result in withdrawal from classes.
- All shoes and tights must be ordered through Dance Works Academy for our annual recital in June to ensure that everyone is uniform.
- Attendance is important in order to receive the best dance education possible.
- Please contact or inform your child's instructor or the office when a class will be missed.
- Students should arrive to class early in order to prepare for class physically and mentally. This also allows the instructor to start class on time.
- If a class is missed, a make-up can be scheduled in a different class. This must be done within 4 weeks of the missed class. Please speak with your
child's instructor to decide which class would be best for your child and schedule the class with the office.
- Class cancellation due to weather will not be made up by the instructor. If you would like to make up the class you can schedule a make up class during our regular weekly classes. Please check our website for updates on cancelled classes at least an hour before your child's class.
Tuition Payments and Additional Fees
- A Registration Fee is due at the time of registration, $25 for an individual and $45 per family and is non-refundable. The Registration Fee guarantees placement for the class chosen. Once a class has been filled, the class will be closed.
- Monthly bills will not be sent out. Tuition payments will be due by the first class of every month. All accounts with outstanding charges by the 10th of the month will be charged a $5 late fee and the credit card that is on file will be charged with the full amount due on the account.
- Tuition is based on an annual rate. Therefore, tuition will remain constant throughout the dance year which runs September - June.
- One sibling will receive an extra 10% off tuition, each additional sibling after the first will receive 15% off tuition.
- Withdrawing from class requires a two weeks written notice, tuition will be charged otherwise.
- Costumes will be purchased for our annual recital. A $25 costume deposit will be due November 1st. The remainder of the costume balance of $45 will be due December 1st. This costume fee is non-refundable.
- Payment will be accepted by cash, personal check or credit card.
Dance Works has the right to close due to inclement weather.
If you would like to schedule a make-up for class cancellations, please speak with your instructor.
*Please check our website an hour before your scheduled class for updates on cancellations.*